Monday, February 27, 2006

I heard the news today, oh boy...

Last week was an extremely hard week. It was full of sadness. One of my friends suffered a miscarriage. All those feelings of learning that the heartbeat had stopped and the pregnancy was no longer viable came rushing back. We talked a few times, I tried to comfort her as best as I could.

Secondly, I lost two of my online friends from my BC support group. They were both 40 and 41. Each left small children. Each seem to go very quickly. One of them I felt a special kinship to. She had the same original diagnosis as myself, was in computers, and shared a lot of the qualities I admire in a person. She touched so many. When word spread of her passing, we were all shocked and devasted. Many of us sent single pink roses to the funeral home. There must of been over 30 or more. I emailed her husband expressing my sadness and letting him know how much she had meant to myself and others. We had even planned on getting our families together this spring for a baseball game.

Although I had never met these women in real life, we chatted almost daily. Sharing our treatment plans, diagnosis, fears and joys. It is hard to explain to anyone who hasn't been part of a online internet group what these friendship come to mean. I also belong to a jazzercise board and a mother of twins board..which has really morphed into a friendship board and these women have been a big part of my life for over 5, almost 6 years. What happens to them affects me deeply. We have hard our hardtimes too.

I guess the boards represent life. The good and the bad. Sometimes life is hard and fitzhappens.

1 comment:

ali cross said...

I'm very sorry to hear of the loss of your friends Janis. I don't have the right words, I'm sure. I just know it must hurt like hell, and I'm sorry.

Hugs.
ali