Thursday, May 04, 2006

It always amazes me...

It always amazes me how spring comes...one day we see budding trees and brown grass, then the next day, the trees have leaves, flowers are blooming, and the grass is growing. I love it.

Last year at this time I was just coming out of chemo and I was just happy to be outside again. Even though I was bald as a cue-ball and wearing a scarf.

This year? I am enjoying every blossom, every leaf, and every day that it is warm, raining, or the air smells of worms! Some times I just want to stop and smell the tree blossoms. I wonder if everyone feels this way?

It is funny, I can't remember the last time I had a 'bad day'. From now on, a bad day is one that delivers bad news about my health. Anything else is okay. Spring tells me that life does go on, with or without us.

I thought to myself today that if I should become ill again, that I want my boys to know that life will go on without me. I want it to.

I hope I have many springs to come.

No comments: