Thursday, December 21, 2006

Are we fooling ourselves?

I belong to a Breast Cancer support group. Online. It was a rock for me over the past two years. I can't leave it. I hang on to share with old friends I made over the years and to help the newly diagnosed.

With the good comes the sad. I have had friends that have died from this damn disease. I have watched friends go from 'early' diagnosis to Stage IV. Each one tears me up. We all post about the lastest studies, drugs or advances. We share stories of survivors who have been alive for years with active cancer or no reoccurance.

But what I have noticed is that it is the few. Many of us are advancing in our cancers. The chemo has done a great job, but it is moving to where we don't want it to go, our brains...our bone marrow...it sucks. It is robbing young women of life. It is robbing children of their mommies.

I am mad. Furious. I am scared.

No comments: